Monday, August 1, 2011

"Listening" to my gut feeling....

If you read my last blog, you know I planned to take Billy to the "new" place on Thursday and Friday. We arrived there Thursday morning at 7:00, and when we buzzed in, one of the caretakers asked if she could help us. I asked her if Noel had told her we were coming early, and her answer told me what I already knew, "Of course not!" It think the folks who work with Alzheimer's patients are very special people, and these are no exception. But the management of the place leaves too much to be desired. On Friday I took Billy back to the Cottage.

As I was leaving, one of the RNs talked to me about taking Billy for a ride in the afternoons when he gets so anxious and agitated. Of course, it's great with me, and again the difference in the Cottage and the "new" place hit home again. They think outside the box at the Cottage; they look for solutions to the issues that Billy is experiencing.

Enough said. I'm going with it, and when I start complaining about the drive, I will go back and read through these posts. Billy is worth the drive.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful place! I am so thankful you have such a great option that truly does try to provide what's best for Billy! :)

    ReplyDelete